About This Project
Installation of 120m long outfall, with rock armour protection.
- Trench to house pipeline on landside dug working tidal shifts, requiring cutting of upto 3m depth into sandstone
- 120m long 800mm OD HDPE pipeline floated out to sea and sunk to seabed
- Divers used to place concrete mattresses over pipe and fit special tide-flex connection under water
- Over 1500t of 4t rock armour was placed over the end of the pipeline using a 45t long reach excavator located on CMP’s jack-up barge
- All works adhered to strict environmental controls
- Works completed in a 3 month programme.